Being a Better Person through Travelling
It is human nature to be constantly seeking for something new. That’s why throughout history, there are people who are willing to risk life, limb, and wealth in the pursuit of discovering something new. And I got hooked up to that longing. A few years ago, I spent very cheap holidays to Tenerife which was my first trip outside the country. The travel bug bit me, and now, I find myself saving and planning for my next trip.
Since then I’ve travelled to many countries around the world. A lot of people do not understand my thirst for travelling to other places. Why do I risk travelling to other regions when I can be safe and sound back in my home country? Chasing public transportation, eating strange food and sleeping in bare hotel rooms are some of the risks pointed out. Another health hazard that was pointed out to me was the unpredictable weather conditions while climbing up mountain ridges.
I he been asked why one too many times. Here’s why:
1. Travelling gives me a chance to disconnect from my real life. Considering that I’m a salesperson of a software company, it is obvious that my schedule is crazy. But it’s also monotonous: meeting clients, closing deals, and increasing sales. Travelling gives me an outlet to get away from all these things. It gives me the freedom that I have so longed for, with no one else to think about but myself.
2. Travelling gives me an opportunity to appreciate the things we take for granted. Sometimes, I wish my annoying brother would disappear. To get to my favorite spots in my place, I simply drive there. But it’s an entirely different story if you’re travelling abroad. Being alone in my hotel with no one to talk to makes me wish that one of my loved ones was there with me. I have to save money so I won’t fall short of my travel budget. When I’m on a grueling multi-day trek, a can of soda suddenly feels very precious. Travelling makes me value simple things that I usually don’t think much about.
3. Travelling restores my batteries. Travelling is synonymous to taking a vacation. And having a vacation is a good thing so I can take a rest from all the stress in life. No reports to make and no family to take care of. It’s just me, the beach, and the mountain tops. The best thing about vacationing is that when I get back home, I feel invigorated and ready to take on the world.
4. Travelling exercises my ingenuity. When I travel, I face living situations that I can never come across at home and learn from them. For example, through my travels, I learned how to save my budget when taking in the sights. I learned how to haggle for prices. I learned how to board moving buses. Travelling trains me to adapt to unusual runs into. You may notice, most people who travel a lot are more adaptable to change and develop a natural ability to overcome problems that others would give up on.
5. Travelling widens my perspective of the world. It’s really different in the real world than the one we read in magazines, newspapers, books, and websites. Travelling, for example, allowed me to discover and experience the richness of other cultures, the true face of poverty, and the real wonders of the world.
Click here for more details on cheap holidays in January and start exploring today.
Remember to Shop for Unique Gifts, Gadgets, Electronics, and More at Smart Buys Reviews. Buy unique gifts and gift ideas and save time and money.
This post was written by SBR_Assistant on January 15, 2013
Leave a Comment
More Blog Post
Previose Post: Occasions for Orchid Arrangements